What personal data we collect and why we collect it
There are two broad categories of information that we collect from you – (A) personal data and online identifiers and (B) non-personal data.
A. Personal Data and Online Identifiers
1. “Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly.
2. We collect certain types of personal data, including your name, gender, date of birth, identification numbers, company (if applicable), contact information (e.g. address, phone number, email address), payment information (e.g. credit or debit card information), and any other information which you may provide in any forms submitted to us or via other forms of interaction with us.
3. Personal data is collected by us in various circumstances, including the following:
- When you register as customer of our websites;
- When you take part in any contest, survey or promotion conducted by us and/or our business partners;
- When we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them;
- When you submit an order to us;
- When you submit your personal data to us for any other reason.
- when you post a comment
4. When you visit and use our websites, we may also collect information about you using online identifiers such as cookies and web beacons:
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
B. Non-Personal Data
We also collect certain non-personal data when you visit and use our websites. Such data is entirely anonymous and is aggregated for statistical analysis (“Aggregate Information“).
Like many website operators, we may use an independent company (the ” Third Party Market Research Company“) to measure and analyze usage across our websites. We use the Third Party Market Research Company’s services to collect Aggregate Information on the usage of our websites, including the following:
- The number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on our websites;
- The number of visitors to our websites;
- How long these visitors (on average) spend on our websites when they do visit; and
- Common entry and exit points into our websites.
This Aggregate Information is collated by the Third Party Market Research Company and provided to us to assist in analyzing the usage of our websites. This is so that we can improve the content and navigability of our websites as well as our services and facilities.
How long we retain your data
A. We will retain your personal data collected for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected, the legal and/or business purposes of ours, and/or as may be required by applicable law.
B. When destroying personal data, we will take commercially reasonable and technically feasible measures to make the data irrecoverable or irreproducible, as may be required by applicable law.
A. We take the security and protection of your personal data very seriously. As such, we store your personal data on secure servers and have put in place appropriate security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal of your personal data.
B. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorized use of your personal data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
Changes to Policy
A. As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your personal data, we will be reviewing our policies, procedures and processes from time to time.
C. You are encouraged to visit the websites from time to time to ensure that you are well informed of our latest policy in relation to personal data protection.
Last updated on June 2020.